Team Spirit Choker
Materials: 4 mm accent beads
main color size 11 seed beads (listed as mc in instructions)
accent color size 11 seed beads for fringe (optional)
Size D Nymo or Silamide
1) String one 4 mm bead, three mc seeds, one 4 mm bead, four mc seeds,
one 4 mm bead, 3 mc seeds. Pick up half ot the clasp at this time.
Bring your needle back up thru the first 4 mm bead, forming a triangle
Tie tail end of thread and working end of thread in an overhand knot to secure the thread.
2) Pick up four mc seeds, one 4 mm, three mc seeds, go down thru bead 3 (figure 2)
3) Pick up four mc seeds, one 4 mm, three mc seeds, go up thru bead 4. (figure 3)
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 until it fits comfortable around your neck, leaving room for the other half of the clasp.
Pick up the other half of the clasp on your last stitch.
Optional Fringe Instructions
1) Fold choker in half or count the number of 4mm beads along the
bottom of the choker to determine the halfway point. I usually mark
this by a piece of string or a safety pin.
This is going to be the spot for the longest fringe. Determine how many
dangles you want. I used nine. Count back from the center half
the amount you determined, this is where you will place your first
dangle. It should be under a 4 mm bead.
2) Weave in a new thread, pick up seven of the accent color (ac) seed,
one 4 mm, five ac seeds, and go up thru the second bead on the strand.
Pick up one ac seed, and go thru the 4 mc beads at the base of the
Your thread should no be under the next 4 mm in the choker.
For the next dangle, pick up eight ac seeds, one 4 mm, five ac seeds
and go up thru the third bead on the strand. Pick up two ac seeds and
go thru the next 4 mc seeds at the base of the choker (figure 4)
Continue increasing in this manner until you hit the marked center, start decreasing at this point.